CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2007

My First Blog Tag

Thought I would spiff up our blog a bit. How do you like it? Too girly for a blog about a little boy?

I'm still new to this whole blog thing, but apparently I have just been "tagged" by my friend Lauren to list five things I dig about Jesus (check out her answers here). I had to think about this one for a bit. Not because I don't dig Jesus with every ounce of my being, but because I didn't want my answers to sound trite. I wanted to put some thought into this. So, here is what I came up with:

1. I love that He is everything I could ever need, want or even think to imagine. It blows my mind to think that the Creator of the universe would want to call me, "friend". He knows me better than anyone ever could or ever will. http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/4/Thats-My-King

2. Speaking of the Creator, I love what He created! I have not traveled nearly as extensively as some of my friends, but what I've seen of His creation takes my breath away and makes me feel so tiny, so awe struck, so unbelievably thankful that there is a God bigger than me and bigger than any problem or trial I might be going through. It makes me think of the verse in Luke when Jesus told the Pharisees that even if people would not worship Him, creation would. And how true it is!




3. I love that by praising Him, I focus less on myself (a good thing!) and more on others. From "the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." According to Heb.13:15 we are to continually offer up a sacrifice of praise, His praises should always be on our lips (Ps34:1). It's a command in scripture. The ironic thing is that when I sing praises to Him or praise Him in prayer, I feel such joy and peace. It really is an amazing spiritual principle.

4. I'm going to steal this one from Lauren...The Body of Christ. As she mentioned, if not for Jesus there would be no body of Christ. I love my friends who know and love Jesus. Of course, I also love my friends who do not know or love Jesus, but there is something special about the Body of Christ. We can encourage one another, bear each other's burdens, live together, laugh together and cry together. It's a beautiful thing.

5. And finally, one of the other things I dig about Jesus is His guidance and direction in my life. He has NEVER let me down! I don't always understand everything that happens or the way it happens, but I know that He is faithful. He's got my back. He cares for me.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay Tracy! I love it!