CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Blessed Silence

Here I sit...all alone in my house...just me, myself and I and a warm cup of tea (I know it's 98 degrees outside but I don't care!). And it's 10:30 p.m. Why do you ask - am I all alone in my house at 10:30 p.m.? What have I done with my husband and my babies? Well folks, Steve took the boys and left me. Don't worry - it's a good thing! It's a beautiful thing actually! I'm on a much needed personal/spiritual retreat! My incredibly loving, selfless, WONDERFUL husband agreed to give me the gift of peace and quiet for a full 24+ hours. No 5 month old, no 2 year old, no getting up at 6:00 a.m. to nurse, no Blue's Clues, no Sesame Street, no ESPN, no whining, no phone calls, no television, no dirty diapers! I would say no computer but obviously that would be lying! I'm just updating the blog though - that's it! The theme for my retreat is: What could I say or do but offer this heart , oh God, completely to you? NOTHING ELSE MATTERS! I realized about a month ago that I was really weary - life was beating me down and I felt like I was suffocating under the weight of it. That's when I knew it was time. Time to get away with the Lord for a one-on-one smack down! Time for uninterrupted worship and time in the word. Time to turn the stereo up ever so loudly (sorry neighbors) and dance around like a fool while singing at the top of my lungs! Oh, it's been wonderful! I can't remember the last time I was able to do this. Was it before I was married? Well, even then I had roommates. Honestly, I can't remember. All I know is that I think this needs to be a yearly event from now on - maybe even bi-yearly! Thank you Mike and Jeanne for taking your son and grandkids in for the night! I am forever grateful!

Oh, and I highly recommend the new Hillsong United CD! Powerful!

3 comments:

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

you inspire me! i might need to do the same. glad it was good.

Anonymous said...

god bless you tracy! i think that ALL moms need this more than just once a year!!! since you give 24/7, a responsibility free 24 hours is pure heaven...and thankfully we have booty rockin' sweet husbands that understand. i'm releshing this time with you!

love,
silla

Lauren said...

Just the not getting up at 6am thing sounds like heaven to me!

I hope you are refreshed, dear friend. I'm sorry you got so worn out.