It's summer and it's stinkin hot. Thankfully, we've found a cool spot to park ourselves - it's called NRH2O and IT'S A GOD SEND! Imagine the biggest playground ever and then picture it surrounded by water. Add a lazy river, lots of shade and constant entertainment for a two year old and, well, you know where I will be this summer. Folks, it's wonderful. I was a little scared at first to take both boys by myself. A toddler who constantly wanders away from me and a newborn who can't sit-up much less get in the sun/water was not something I was too excited about. Needless to say, I was a little freaked out my first day. I fed Reeve right before we left and got Wesley all swim diapered and sunscreened up. I loaded up the double stroller (which I loooove by the way) with all our gear and took off. I decided to get there as soon as it opened so I could have my pick of parking and shade spots. We plopped ourselves down right near the ankle deep kiddie area (so I could keep an eye on Wesley) and checked on Reeve - sound asleep. So far, so good. Wesley played happily in the water (being careful not to get his head wet or ANY water on his face...so funny that boy) and I just sat there. Yes, I actually got to sit!!!!! Rarely does this happen at home people. Occassionally Wesley would want me to join him in the water, but he was kept busy watching everyone around him. My dream newborn slept the entire time! I think it was the combination of the heat and the soothing water sounds that keeped him sacked out. So, all-in-all, it was a very pleasant experience and we have been back many times. And I haven't even mentioned the best part! Several friends from church also have a season pass, so we all meet there and have fun together! Whoo-hoo!

This place rocks!
This place rocks!
Tex splashing Wesley

2 comments:
Cute pics! Did I ever tell you that I was a lifeguard at NRH2O for two summers in a row? It was the coolest place to work when I was is high school!
sounds like fun. i know the Franke children LOVE NRH2O...
Post a Comment