Tracy's parents are retiring and moving to the Texas Hill Country in August. According to Wikipedia, The Texas Hill Country is a region of Central Texas, USA, that features rolling, somewhat rugged, hills that consist primarily of limestone. The region is the eastern portion of the Edwards Plateau bounded by the Balcones Fault on the east and the Llano Uplift to the west and north. The terrain is punctuated by a large number of limestone rocks and boulders and a thin layer of topsoil which makes the region prone to flash flooding. That's probably way more information than you wanted to know. I have never spent much time in the Hill Country but apparently, it's very pretty and a lot of old folks want to retire there (my parents being some of those old folks...just kidding you guys!) Anyway, we are THRILLED to have them closer - in the same state! They will still be a 4 hour drive away, but I have a feeling they will be making that drive often as will we. They bought a log home on 12 acres. Here are a few pictures:
JUST KIDDING! That is NOT their house or windmill. That is a historic house and windmill in downtown Grapevine (a few towns over from us). A very nice little place to visit I might add... My parents DO have a windmill on their property though and a fishing pond (Steve was happy to hear that). I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the REAL house and windmill soon.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Tracy! Hope you are well, my friend. It has been WAY TOO LONG. Let's catch up soon!
Post a Comment